HOW TO USE PROCAD BARRIER LIQUID WITH STULLER’S OPENGROW™ RESIN
Using the best resin possible when 3D printing is critical to receiving outstanding results. A common issue with direct casting resins is a rough, included surface. This is often due to the resin and investment powder migrating into each other.
To mitigate this issue, combine ProCAD Barrier Liquid with Stuller’s OpenGrow™ Resin for best results.
ProCAD Barrier Liquid
• Used in conjunction with 3D printing resin pieces or patterns.
• Prevents resin from migrating into the surface of the investment powder.
• Used for dipping resin pieces for rubber molds.
• Stops resin from sticking to rubber during vulcanization.
• Accepted by any open-source DHP or SLA 3D printer.
• Changes from vivid purple to light purple/yellow/orange/brown after post-curing.
• Provides exceptional detail and smooth surface
• Great for CAD designs featuring milgrain work, micro prongs, and/or filigree galleries.
Clean the Resin
Use an alcohol solution to clean the resin until it’s no longer sticky. Blow off the excess liquid with air before curing.
Cure in a Cure Box
Make sure the resin is fully cured. It will be a brownish color when done, although light purple/yellow/orange colors are possible. The longer the resin cures, the better quality it will be.
Apply ProCAD Barrier Liquid
ProCAD creates a barrier between the resin and investment powder (see next step), keeping your resin and investment powder separated.
Apply a Second Coat
After the resin is dry, apply another coat. Depending on how complex your design is, you can apply more coats, although we don’t recommend this for small designs or designs with small, tight holes and spaces.
Note: ProCAD dries quickly.
Use PlastiCast Investment (#22-4778)
Follow the instructions for a proper mix ratio.
Bench Cure for 3–4 Hours
Bench cure your resin before you put it in the oven.
- 290°F for 2 ½ hours
- 350°F for 1 hour
- 1350°F for 3 ½–4 hours
Drop and Wait
This will take two hours minimum at the appropriate cast temperature.
The Tools Tech Team experts are here for you. Give them a call at 800-877-7777 ext. 4300