President, Chief Executive Officer
Jay W. Jackson has been with Stuller at the executive level for more than 13 years. Initially hired as vice president of sales, he quickly moved into the management of Stuller’s logistics and supply chain operations. In 2008, all manufacturing operations, domestic and international, were added to his responsibilities.
Stuller’s most recent manufacturing enhancement, under Jackson’s guidance, is the reduction of lead times required to ship custom orders from three weeks to one day, which enhances the DTC Sightholder’s practice of just-in-time delivery.
As executive vice president of Stuller’s supply chain, his responsibilities include:
- All domestic and international manufacturing operations
- Inventory Management: procurement of raw materials, vendor management, forecasting, replenishment and production control
- Warehousing: storage of Stuller’s, as well as, third party inventory
- Product fulfillment: picking, packing and shipping up to 100,000 lines of jewelry product within a four-hour, daily window
- Transportation: carrier management – air and ground, including international freight and customs issues
Previous Management Experience
Prior to joining Stuller in 1996, Jackson enjoyed a 30-year stint at Sears, the international retail giant based in Chicago, IL. During the majority of his time there, Jackson was devoted to the Product Services division, where he served as national parts sales manager as well as regional manager.
- BA in Economics from Duke University, 1966
- MBA from Northern Illinois University, 1995
- Active member of the Department of Commerce, District Export Council in New Orleans, LA.
- Chairman, Strategic Planning Committee of the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Local Chairman for the Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee